What to Give
There are thousands of corporate gift possibilities-far too many to describe here-but let's look at the pros and cons of some favourites: Food items are very popular as corporate gifts. They tie in well to many holidays and can be taken home and enjoyed with friends and family. But sometimes gourmet baskets take on a generic aspect.
Many of them get no farther than the receptionist, to be picked apart by various office personnel passing through. If you want to win hearts and minds through the stomach, you must be creative and thoughtful. All very well to consider giving those tender mail-order filet mignons. Just make sure your recipient isn't a vegetarian.
Liquor and wine are old favourites, but hard liquor has lost some of its popularity. Despite the stigma associated with liquor in the business world, however, it's essential to keep things in perspective. After all, if your client's pride and joy is his wine cellar or his whiskey collection, what better gift than a fine cabernet or a single malt?
Also in the sin department: cigars. They're "in" this year, and a box of stogies can make you look impressive in the eyes of a cigar aficionado.
Office-related items, such as pen sets and desk blotters are safe bets that reflect practicality and good taste. Be careful, though: A good fountain pen is quite expensive, and a cheap one is tacky. Use caution when considering art prints and other decorative items, because taste in office decor is a personal and, for many, a strategic consideration.
Tickets to sporting events and live entertainment often make great gifts. Scarce seats for popular shows and events provide a thrill and can make you a hero in the eyes of a client. Still, you should be sure of your client's preferences. Gift certificates are unbeatable, if you want to take much of the guesswork out of giving. They're available from a wide variety of companies, they offer the recipient freedom of choice, and they can be given to all types of people.
The only problem is that the dollar amount is printed on the face, which, for some people, detracts from the feeling that this is a gift with some thought behind it. Think hard before you buy. Every gift idea has a potential down side, and just because you like something doesn't mean your recipient will.
If ethics or other issues proscribe giving a material gift, consider making a donation to the recipient's favourite cause. Word of warning: Cash is out as a corporate gift, period. It's uncreative, raises ethical questions, and looks like a bribe, no matter what.
Marketing Tips for Promotional Merchandise Market:• Use of promotional products in corporate marketing will help retain and grow your business.
• We are a supplier of all things branded and unbranded with access to over 1600 promotional products we feel we can match anyoneÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s need.
• On many occasions when you purchase promotional items in bulk you also receive some kind of gift giveaways.
• New, flashy (lanyards) are a hit in promotional products industry.
• Unique promotional items can be used in marketing of your company brand in order to increase the visibility of your company in the sector it operates.
• Corporate promotional items are new range of top quality items often purchased by banks, insurance companies and large hotel chains
• Promotional balls are very popular inflatable usually sold with logos and images and used during promotional activities.
• Whether you are launching a product, marketing an item or want to increase customer satisfaction, business giveaways are always a good idea.
• Promo giveaways or freebies are always eye-catching and create an enormous interest from the public.
• The Business Collection can easily consist of promotional pens, advertising pens, corporate pens and many more.
- Anti Stress Products
- Backpacks & Rucksacks
- Caps & Hats
- Car Promo Items
- Clocks & Weather
- Computer & USB Items
- Desk & Office Items
- He and She
- Home Items
- Inflatable items
- Keyrings & Keyfobs
- Laser Pointers
- Low Cost Promo Items
- Mascots & Toys
- Medical Items
- Mugs - China & Plastic
- Odds and Ends
- Pens & Pencils
- Personalised Lanyards
- Piggy Banks and Money
- Rulers & Measure Tapes
- Shopping Bags
- Solar powered Items
- Sport Items
- Suitcases & Bags
- Tools & Knives
- Travel & Leisure Items
- USB Memory Sticks
- Wine & Party
- Xmas Items